Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Baby food update



So I have been working on Libby's pureed baby food for about a month now. I am shocked at how easy it is to whip up some pureed whatever and have it ready for her. Our freezer is full of little containers of veggies and fruits.

So far we have tried..... apples, pears, butternut squash, carrots, sweet potatoes, sweet peas, zucchini, and avocado. Not too bad on the variety!! My initial fears that I would turn her orange have resolved and she has begun exploring lots of green vegetables too.

The only definite reject has been avocado. We have tried it twice now and there was no question she HATED it! But, I didn't put it through the food processor either time - just mashed it with a spoon. It could still be a texture issue. We will try again next time I make guacamole.

As we approach Libby's 7 month birthday I am really pleased with how open she has been to all the fruits and vegetables. I don't think I am going to try to puree meats in the processor. I'll just buy jarred versions. But I think we have made good progress and I'm looking forward to getting her introduced to more complex foods and food combinations!

Its sad but I officially love my Babycook food processor and my WS Baby food cookbook. Never thought I would be a make your own baby food kind of mommy but so far it working!

No comments: