Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Who wants cake?

Libby's first birthday produced numerous funny and memorable moments for me.  I cried, I laughed, I marveled.  I struggle to find the words to describe how blessed I feel to have this little person in my life and the fact that I'm her mommy is, well, icing on the cake.

I contemplated writing a long letter to Libby on her birthday but the emotions were so overwhelming, I couldn't find any direction.  I am still reflecting in awe what has occurred in the last year.  The transition from a helpless, tiny, curled up little neonate to a boisterous, curious, sweet, loving, adventuresome toddler is amazing.  In 365 days, it all happened in a blur.

So how to celebrate this passage of time and incredible transformation? With a sugary, gooey, delicious cake! Libby had the extreme pleasure of having not one, but two birthday cakes... one at her tailgate party on her birthday and one at her Atlanta party.  Needless to say, she has inherited her mommy's sweet tooth.  She tackled both cakes with gusto and chocolate was the clear winner!  That's my girl!!

Hello Ladybug Cake - I am going to demolish you now

Loving her cake but not done yet....

Yep, that'll about do it - smash cake, you've been SMASHED

Chocolate... this is different.....

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Completely eaten in under 5 minutes... that's MY daughter!

No comments: