Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Blueberries!

 



This past weekend we headed into the blueberry fields to pick berries.  I haven't gone fruit picking of any kind since I was a child but I have very fond memories of eating strawberries right off the vine.  Libby feels about blueberries the way I felt about strawberries.... the greatest thing ever.  You can't put them on her tray fast enough and she is consuming them at every meal.  When the blueberry farm across the street opened its doors for picking, I knew it was a family adventure in the making.  Here's some pictures from the picking session!




Hmm these look yummy
Yum yum

Daddy doing the hard work

It takes a while to pick a gallon of blueberries
It was totally worth carrying her around in the sling for an hour because the berries are amazingly sweet and delicious! We are all reaping the benefits of our picking session... blueberry pancakes, blueberry compote, blueberry everything!

2 comments:

Stephaine Eads said...

Whats up hippie mom!! I have never been able to figure those slings out! Or maybe my back brainwashes me into not figuring it out

Meg said...

That was the first time I ever used it!! I got it for free so I figure no harm if I never used it. It was so much better on my back than the baby carrier. But it was a rather granola look ;)