Friday, May 27, 2011

Beach Trip!!

First time on the beach
 It was an understatement to say I was excited about our family beach trip this year.  Yes, it was Libby's first time there BUT it was my first time to the beach for longer than 36 hours in almost 7 years.  I couldn't wait to hear the surf, eat fish, and generally be lazy for the weekend.

When we decided to have a long beach weekend, we thought it would be fun to have both sets of grandparents join us for the visit.  Not only would we get to visit and share in all of Libby's firsts, but the childcare help was pretty appealing too!

Loving her blow up pool

Some of us are laughing and some are crying......



Holding onto Gpa

Time with Gram and Gpa after yummy waffles

She pretty much hated the pool

Hi Opa!

Libby meets the ocean

The week leading up to the trip was a little rocky around our house but by the time we were crossing the bridge to Ocean Isle, I could feel myself relaxing already.  We had a great long weekend.  Among Libby's firsts were strawberry ice cream and waffles from Gram, loving some sand and hating the surf and pool.  We drank some lovely wine and made some amazing meals.  Not to mention that Libby started crawling!!! (Video to follow soon!)
Wine coozies..... Woozies

First family vacation

2 comments:

Brooke said...

I love love love her little swim suit! It reminds me of a strawberry! Loved the pictures; it looks like you guys had a blast!

rachel said...

I just totally made the top picture my desktop background :)

Good use of the woozies!!!