Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Sad, bad, vomit covered mommy

We have been blessed beyond words that for 7 months, Libby has been healthy. I won't say this has occurred without major effort. I have broken records with the amount of Purell I pile on every day - shake a hand, purell, examine a kid, purell, pick up a pen I might of touched without purell first, purell. You get the picture. If it has been a particularly sick day in the clinic and I am worried that I am transporting nastiness home to my little girl, I will change clothes before I pick her up. I have mightily fought the battle of germs coming through the door and have been very happy with the results.

Last night, Craig and I were enjoying our favorite show and winding down our day with strange and unfamiliar sounds came from the nursery. Libby is awake? That's odd.... I peak in the door and realize my poor daughter is covered in avocado green vomit. It was in her eyelashes - I mean covered.

Bad, sad mommy. I fed her avocado for dinner that I made this weekend. Yes it had turned brown on top, but I scraped that off and fed her the lovely green, handmade puree underneath.

After a bath and a pj/sleepsack change, she continued to be sick for a few more times and then was so tired she wouldn't fall asleep. Her sad, overtired cries just compounded that horrible guilt. Thankfully she eventually fell asleep in her crib and slept the rest of the night.

This morning, she is back to her old silly self but I won't be feeding her any more avocado for a while.

1 comment:

Brooke said...

Poor thing! I'm glad she is feeling better. Hope you are doing okay!